3. What kind of training do you provide?
College Pro is a world-class learning organization that has been written about and admired for its development programs. Training leaders and managers to run effective small – medium sized business is one of our core competencies. People learn differently – some by watching, some by reflecting, some by doing, and some by reading – and we try to encompass all of the different learning styles in our training.
We have core and advanced training and development. The core development is for our rookie managers while second, third and fourth year managers attend advanced training. College Pro’s training is comprised of on-line tools, a comprehensive manual, classroom sessions, group meetings, one on one field coaching, and weekly phone meetings . The manager’s classroom training includes:
* Time management and scheduling
* Creating and managing financial budgets
* Creating and managing marketing, sales and production plans
* Fundamentals of running a painting business
* Learning the basics of painting and how to produce a quality job
* Estimating and pricing accurately
* Purchasing a vehicle and equipment
* Interviewing and selection of marketing people and painters
* Leading painters
* Customer service
Our training takes place on weekends during the winter and spring months so as not to interfere with the students’ school schedule. We follow up our classroom training with work in the field. Our full-time General Managers (who were all franchisees in college themselves) work with our franchisees by going out into the field on their first estimates to coach them, as well as visit the franchisees and painters in the field in the summer. On top of that, our franchise managers have weekly phone meetings with the GM to consult on their business.
As you can see, we are heavily invested in our franchisee’s success.